Saturday 31 January 2015

Finally taking the plunge!

So I said I was going to give it a go like I have pretty much every recent year!

I have finally set up a Facebook page for my hopeful business venture!

Eek very nervous and not quite sure how I will work the ins and outs of it all yet!

But really happy to be giving it a go!

If you would like to take a quick look at a couple of items I have made over the last year or two and like the page itself I would be ever so grateful.

I am mainly for the moment focussing on children's items for the time being I think (at some point if it goes well I may make wedding/anniversary/home items) as need to start slowly as I am not quite sure how I will manage my time.

Do you run a business from home? How do you balance work/life/kids/husband and fit everything in?

If you run a small craft business I would be especially grateful for any tips...I really don't have a clue when it comes to anything business!

Things I may need some help or pointing into the right direction with:

-How is it best to keep on track with orders and money etc?

-How long do you allow for handmade orders?

-Who is best and most reliable to post items out with-especially when said item is a frame so has glass?

-Where is the best place to buy packaging? And what/how do you package up fragile items best?

-Do you need liability insurance or is that just for when you do craft fairs?


AND if there is anything else you can think of that might be handy for me to know I would be ever so grateful as I really am a novice at this!




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have a look I just wondered if you contacted claireabelle makes she's loveky and has built up a good business she has a blog I reckon you could ask for some help?xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)