Thursday 31 January 2013

Review: MaterniCare Pre and Post Natal Nourishing Cream



As many Mum's and Mum's to be know looking after you skin during pregnancy is essential-especially as your skin has to stretch (on average) two extra feet and return back to normal in a few months after the birth!

MaterniCare Pre and Post Natal Nourishing Cream is a unique blend of rich plant oils and essential vitamins, and you can certainly tell. I used this during the final weeks of my pregnancy when my skin had become really itchy and tight, especially at the top of the bump-shortly after using the cream I felt much more comfortable and the itching eased-making me slightly easier to be be around for the rest of the family! It really helped me in the last few weeks.

The cream is a gentle hypoallergenic formula packed with pro-vitamin B5, the benefits of vitamin B5 are:

  • Reducing the amount of water lost through the skin
  • Improving the softness and elasticity of the skin
  • Acting as a natural skin healer and protectant
  • Relieving itchiness and reducing stress
  • Enhancing the repair of the skin barrier 
This is why the cream is also great if you are one the 3/4's of women who suffered/ is suffering with stretch marks as it fights against the appearance of them. I personally have been quite lucky in both of my pregnancies and not had too many stretch marks (please don't hate me for it!), but the few that I did have are definitely more faded than they were a few months ago after regular use of the cream.

Other things I personally like about the cream are the fact it doesn't have an overpowering scent, my nose was much more sensitive during pregnancy so this was a big plus, it also doesn't leave you feeling 'sticky' for ages after using it like some some creams can, a little seems to go a long way too so it will last a while. I can definitely recommend this product, especially during pregnancy, I can only wish it melted away some of the post pregnancy flabby tummy too ;)

MaterniCare Pre and Post Natal Nourishing cream is £14.99 for 200ml and is available to buy at http://www.forum-health.co.uk/, more information can also be found at http://www.maternicare.com/

Disclosure: I received this product to review but all opinions are true and my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Might try that out as I have been getting really itchy skin. At night I use Palmers cocoa butter as this seemed to work wonders last time (like you not really any stretch marks) but it is really strong smelling and not the sort of thing you can use during the day so this might be perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)