I thought it might be quite exciting trying to find the right pushchair for us as we didn't do it last time around...how wrong was I! There is far too much choice for my already mushed baby brain and our budget does often limit us too.
I thought choosing a name was hard, turns out it's not the only thing-I'm a very in-decisive person as it is!
Here's what we are looking for:
- Something around the £200 mark (must admit I am shocked as to how expensive some are)!
- Travel system preferably with rain cover and foot muff chucked into the package.
- Sturdy as I do a lot of walking and will also have some kind of buggy board for Alex because I can't expect him to walk the 20mins to preschool and back.
- A large shopping basket (I really don't see the point in the pathetically small ones).
- A straight bar handle rather than two vertical ones-much easier to maneuver one handed when doing a 'basket' shop.
- Brand I can trust.
The travel system we had for Alex was a Graco one, which I must admit I cannot fault and has served us well, so I am quite tempted to stick with what we know and go and get another Graco travel system, but after seeing some yesterday and today the material on them doesn't seem as good as the one we currently have, but this doesn't seem to be just this brand it's something we noticed across the board unless you made the next step to a £300/400 system.
One of the Graco ones we like is actually one of their cheaper ones which does seem to have good reviews on all websites I have seen which is the Mirage+ Chilli, which actually seems most similar to what we have now, I'm just not 100% sure it's grabbing me, or if it's the cheaper price tag...They also sell it in 'Boots' so I am also thinking of the bonus points and what I can buy for Christmas presents or in the sale afterwards (I know I am terrible)!
Another one that caught our eye was the Graco Evo...
However, when we saw the price tag in Mothercare I thought that it included the carseat and pram attachment and thought it was a great price for the quality it was, on further on-line checking I have since discovered that to make it the travel system you have to buy the other two parts separately which brings the total to around the £500 mark, ouch well out of our budget! My heart sank a little :(
Anyone know of any good places to look that I have't mentioned?
How did you decide on the pushchair before baby made their appearance?
I wish there was a try before you buy, as I would hate to spend loads to then not be happy with it... any pushchair companies need any reviews doing ;)