Wednesday 7 March 2012

Jus Rol Pastry Tart and Garlic Potatoes

Recipe:

Garlic Potatoes:
Oil
Herbs (I used parsley)
Garlic clove
Salt
Pepper

Tart:
One pack of Jus Roll puff pastry
Tomato Purée
Herbs
Onion
Tomatos
Mushrooms
Pepper
Cheese (I used cheddar)

For the Garlic Potatoes:
As many potatoes as you would normally do, peeled, & chopped into small chunks, boil. Drizzle oil in a roasting tin, sprinkle some herbs, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop a garlic clove into fine chunks and add to the tin. Drain the potatoes, add to the tin and mix so that the oil and garlic mixture covers them. Place into a preheated oven, around 200C



For the Pastry Tart:

Whilst the potatoes are in the oven roll the pastry out to about the size of a baking tray













Place it onto a greased baking tray, spread tomato purée all over the base and sprinkled with herbs. Then sprinkle the chopped onions, sliced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and chopped pepper all over.














Then grate cheese all over, you could use mozzarella slices instead if you prefer.














Place into the oven with the potatoes, and leave for about 20 minutes.

You should end up with something that looks like this:
































Serve and enjoy! It is great with salads in the summer too!


This post wasn't sponsored by Jus Rol, just a happy customer. 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I tried something similar once but didn't put enough topping on and it ended up being too pastry-y if you know what I mean. You've inspired me to give it another go though.... Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean-mine nearly turned out like that when I realised my tomato purée had pretty much run out, luckily I had another in the cupboard!!

      Delete
  2. Oh blimey, I'm hungry for garlicky potatoes now and its only just gone 10am (licks lips)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)