Tuesday 8 May 2012

I think I need a miracle...!

For those of you that don't know I am about 8 weeks pregnant. I rang the Doctors a couple of days after I found out about 3 weeks ago, no luck then as they were changing the appointment system and told me to ring after the 10th of May, yep you heard right! Surely if you if change a system in a Doctors surgery you would have some sort of temporary one in place! Also I got told things have changed and you don't see the Doctor any more you see the midwife at 8 weeks...they made me feel rather stupid for asking for a Doctors appointment!

Because I had/have been feeling VERY rough and I had my only working day Sunday of two weeks running (a grande total of 8 hours) my work told me I had to get hold of a Doctor's note...really for 8 whole hours off for morning sickness?! I walked into the surgery and actually managed to get an appointment later on that day (which I was very surprised at). The Doctor was ok, but for some reason I always find them a bit patronising (sorry if there are any Doctors reading this-it's nothing personal)! He didn't check my blood pressure, didn't really ask too much about how I was feeling just took my word for it, I was hoping to get some anti sickness tablets but no :( when he filled out the sickness form he actually asked me how long I wanted off which I was very shocked at, and also asked if I was planning on going back...as if I was some sort of person who just wanted to skive off! He gave me some iron with folic acid tablets, which I didn't think anything of, however a week after using them I have realised it says not to take them before 13 weeks of pregnancy...admittedly I should have read it properly the day I took them, but I misread the packaging so now I am worrying about that! He told me to book a Doctors appointment to basically say I am pregnant (not sure why he couldn't do it there and then) so even he didn't know things have changed there! So after the appointment I went to the desk and asked to book a Doctors antenatal appointment...got told it was a midwife appointment again, felt stupid again.

She then explained the whole crappy booking system being changed, again, and told me to ring Monday, obviously this Monday was bank holiday fair mistake, rang today and couldn't get through as line were busy. Finally got through, rubbish phone line could barely make out what she was saying, told that I can't book today and to ring tomorrow or Thursday!

Argh why is it so difficult for them to all be told the same thing, so I don't feel like I am going from pillar to post! Surely it doesn't take THAT long to change a system over! All I want is my first appointment soon to check everything is ok, to check whether in fact it is ok to be taking the medication given by a Doctor and the pharmacist even though the instructions say different, and to get on the systems as being pregnant because at this rate I won't be getting my 12 week scan at 12 weeks!

I am so sorry for yet another grumpy rant, just a bit fed up...and hormonal (yes I am using that excuse already)!

Hopefully I will get a bit cheery sometime soon ;)

10 comments:

  1. My doctor gave me the midwives phone number to make an appointment when I was pregnant. I phoned it and then got sternly told off because my doctor should make the appointment. Then told off by the doctor because I should make the appointment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! How annoying, you would have thought there would be some sort of communication between the two wouldn't you!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that you've been having stress with getting appointments. The system changed at my GP too inbetween having children and no-one seemed to know what was going on, you'd think that it would happen often enough!

    I hope that you get it all sorted soon and that you are feeling better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear so it's not just this area then!
      Thank you, luckily too of my 'mummy' friends from my original antenatal classes are pregnant again and go to the same doctors, one managed to get an appointment when she rang today, so text me, I rang up and had a different receptionist to this morning who swiftly booked me in for tomorrow no questions asked...not really sure what they are doing there!

      Delete
  3. It is so annoying isn't it? I found where I used to live was hopeless, but I moved halfway through my pregnancy and they were brilliant. A postcode lottery I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other Doctor's surgery I could go to seems worse from what I have heard, I am hoping it's just whilst they change the system as they were fine last time around. I guess it really is luck of the draw!

      Delete
  4. eeeek!!!!! I am sooo excited hun, congratulations <3 massive hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We wanted Alex to have a sibling fairly close in age...I know it's kind of the wrong way to do things but we can't afford a wedding right now! No one really knows in the land of Facebook so if you can keep it quiet for now that would be great :) Hope you're well xxx

      Delete
    2. yeah no problem, mums the word (haha!) Very excited for you :D

      Well in my opinion a new baby is much more important than a wedding, you can do that at any time and if u plan for further in the future u can have them both doing things in the wedding like carrying stuff :) hehe. And you wont have alex at this age ever again will you.

      was going to say, not sure if you would want to as its far away from you, but my doctors is really really good but it is in toothill so i dunno if you would want to. i also when i lived in north swindon went to the one by morrisons, i found them to be pretty good too..

      much love :) xx

      Delete
    3. That's what we thought, at the end of the day getting married is just a bit of paper confirming our relationship. It's something we will do someday when the time is right. And like you say it will actually be really cute having them walking down the isle with us with flowers or whatever :)

      I think my Doctors will get back on track soon, it's just their stupid system change about that is causing the problems at the moment. I'm on the midwives rota now so should all be ok, but thanks though :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)