Wednesday 27 January 2016

How to gain orders in small business? And a special offer on Danielle Louise Designs

That is one question I have been asking myself recently.

I set up Danielle Louise Designs almost a year ago, now I knew that it would be slow going and hard work to get seen etc, I just had no idea quite how much!

Apart from a couple of small orders I have still only sold to friends and family. A lot of the things made on my page have been for gifts for us to give-in hope that those that see it will either order that thing, or those who see the gift in it's new home will like it enough to check out my work.

It's so disheartening to see other pages do so well, so quickly, I have had a lot of feedback from networking that has been really positive, but my 'like' counter doesn't move up much compared to other pages, and I am lucky to get an order or two a month. I'm not really sure what I am doing differently.

Towards the end of last year I set up an Etsy page in hope that, that too would boost my sales a bit, but had no views for months. Etsy has been a HUGE learning curve, I have realised it is very hard to be seen, that selecting the right category probably makes a huge difference to views, keywords and SEO are something I need to learn more about! With that in mind I have recently joined a facebook page Etsy resolution which is full of hints and tips, this week it was photography.

When I look at my pages I know my photography isn't the best, not the worst, but not stand out enough, a lovely lady messaged me with lots of help for photographing my frames and yesterday I put this into practice!






I know real photographers would probably still pick problems with these but I am really pleased with them, it took some time but now I know what to do it should be easier in the future!

Now when people see my items in the Etsy search the thumbnail photos will hopefully stand out more-at least they look more professional now!

Now that I have changed these photos in the listings I am wanting to update the photos of my other listings. So I have an offer on my page 10% off the items I have listed in my facebook post, it's 1st come 1st serve as only 1 of each available.

For the full details please look here but these are the items I'd like to make so that I can photograph them better (personalised to your colour/names):









If you like my makes please do visit me on facebook or Etsy (or both!) and please share with anyone you think may like it.

If anyone has any tips on trying to make it 'bigger' and more 'successful' I'd love to hear it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)