I thought it would be a good idea as we have not made one before.
I soon began to realise that it was a bad idea-especially when 3 pieces had broken in the packet!
I 'glued' these together with royal icing which held for all of 5 minutes.
I found out the hard way that decorating a delicate gingerbread house with an enthusiastic 4 year wasn't the best idea I have ever had.
We got it all together with the support of candy canes and skewers, and slowly she came tumbling down within 5 minutes.
It was only once it had all fallen down that I had the idea of cutting the broken pieces to the same size so we could make a house that was as stable as a gingerbread house can be but smaller than we had intended (I only wish I had thought of the after spending 2 hours (not joking) trying to make the broken one work!
So here was have our before and after shots, the after ones you can see me and Alex had pretty much lost all enthusiasm with the decoration and basically used what was already on it!
I still can't quite believe how stressful baking and decorating can be!!