Thursday 19 September 2013

Getting back into sport after 18 months off!

After about 6 months of excuses I finally, hastily got myself squeezed into some sports gear for 7pm the last 3 Tuesdays-a bit of a rush as I am sure you can imagine with 2 young boys who's bedtime routines start at that time.

It's been 18 months since I left due to being pregnant with Sam (I did wonder why I was so dizzy in that last netball match)!

Since my break I have put on much more weight than I am happy about, apart from 1 aerobic session and walking everywhere I have done no physical exercise, my diet isn't as good as it used to be, cue a lot more wobbly bits when running about on the court.

Surprisingly I didn't find it as hard as I thought I might, obviously I need to work on my fitness, but to be honest not half as much as I thought I might have to, a few people have said that I don't seem to have lost my skill which is a bonus as I didn't have too much to begin with ;)

It has been so nice to catch up with faces I haven't seen for ages too, I think sport in groups are such a great way for a break from children and partners and a chance for a good natter with a great variety of people.

Two days after my first training session back my hand and arm muscles were hurting in muscles I didn't even know existed-thankfully I haven't had that the last couple of times! Annoying my ankles really hurt at the moment so I am hoping that the subsides soon.

Anyway 3 weeks in and I am already tempted to sign up so that I can also play matches on Saturday's again-it didn't take me long to get the netball bug back again. I know I don't want to play every match, it can take over the weekends a bit otherwise but it would be great to get back into competitive sport.

I feel so much more positive now, I don't know why I have put it off for so long, it is great for the metal and physical well being and I would really advise anyone who may be umming and ahhing about going to a group sport to just do it, don't put it off otherwise you will always have an excuse.

The great thing about team sports is that once you've been a few times you have friends to encourage you to continue going along.

I am already looking forward to next week-let's get this tyre looking more like a muffin top again to start with!!

P.S have you entered my giveaway yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)