Monday 26 October 2015

Quick half term boredom buster: craft-tissue paper canvas art

So we actually did this in the summer holidays but of course I am a bit behind on the blogging front!

This is a really easy and quick craft, but it can get a little messy on the table/surface so maybe cover it with something throw-able or wipe-able.

What you need:
-Canvas
-Tissue paper (varying colours)
-Water
-Paintbrush

What you need to do:
-Rip the tissue paper into whatever shape and size you'd like
-Place wherever you want it on the canvas.
-'Paint' the tissue paper with water
-Cover the whole canvas, wait to dry and peel on tissue paper.



The boys loved doing this, I just had to guide Sam a bit as he kept layering on the exact same spot!

Once it was all dry I stamped this quote I found on pinterest (which is a Walt Disney one). It still isn't hung anywhere yet mind you! It's been leaning in the playroom where I want it to be hung for some time now!



Hope you enjoy this cheap, easy and fast craft with the kids :)



2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I will have to buy some canvas and paper! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a canvas that I have had spare for years haha, and I am a bit of a hoarder of tissue paper too so was completely free! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)