Friday 18 July 2014

Teacher Thank you gift: Smartie cookies

So we had already made a flower pot for Alex's preschool key worker, but I wanted to get a little thank you gift for the other teachers that work there too.

So that in mind I made some cookies, because who doesn't like cookies?!

This cookie recipe actually comes from an Annabell Karmel baby book from years ago, but it is my fail safe recipe for cookies.

Everyone loves them, the original recipe is for white chocolate buttons but I have tried with many different combinations!

This time I decided on smarties!

Cookie recipe

100g/4 oz margarine
100g/4 oz caster sugar
100g/ 4 oz brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
175g/6 oz plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
175g chocolate (for this I used one 140g bag of smarties and the rest was milk chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 180c. Basically mix/beat/stir all the ingredients together in that order. Using teaspoons, place walnut size rough balls of dough onto a baking sheet with baking parchment on. They take 10-12 minutes depending on how doughy you want them.

Take out the oven and cool on a wire rack.


As you can see I packaged them up in a clear cellophane bag once cooled and I had made a stamped tag "thanks for making me a smart cookie". And yes you may have seen a similar tag in my wedding makes the other day!


Find our how we made this thank you flower pot too.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love this idea. We made cupcakes for the teachers this year and personally I think something like that is just perfect. Shows thought has gone into it x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I have seen how many boxes of chocolates Mum gets at the end of the year too. And I know this isn't too dissimilar I'd much rather do it this way :) x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)