Wednesday 16 July 2014

Our wedding: 3 1/2 Weeks

So in 3 1/2 weeks time I will be a married woman.

Hopefully the nerves will not have got the better of me and I will not trip up be ill or faint!

I will walk into the beautiful church next to my long suffering Father ;)

Walking to the man I will grow old with, in good times and in bad.

I don't think I will look much at other people, I think I will focus purely on him, I can't wait to see his reaction.

I hope he likes my dress etc, I know it's not his taste if I was to describe it but fingers crossed he will approve!

I can't wait to have that permanent ring (which we still need to buy) on my finger as a sign of our love and commitment to each other!

I am worrying a little about how much we have left to do in these final weeks, all the invoices and final choices are coming through and being made.

Everything is coming in at once.

But I do feel more at ease, knowing my beautiful handmade dress is nearly finished and I should have it this week.

Knowing that my bouquets are being made in safe hands (one of Mum's friends), and hopefully we can get the peonies I desperately want for them.

Via pinterest

Knowing that the bottom tier of our wedding cake is made and ready to go to our cake maker-all 12 inches of it, lord knows how heavy it is, who know fruit could weigh so much?! I am impressed I scaled the recipe up correctly!

Knowing that I have my wedding jewellery bought, thanks Debenhams blue cross sale!

Knowing that I have the perfect hairstyle to suit the dress and look I am going for. A mix of these two styles:

















I have the bridesmaids sorted albeit one not being so happy with the dress...
This is style we've agreed on their hair:


















And the boys look adorable in their suits from Next! Me and James got a little emotional seeing them dressed up!


This week I have made another start on table decorations-I think I undermined this task! My hands have been turning a shade of purple from the stamping ink!

The guest book is made, I decorated it to match our invites.



I have stamped on handmade tags song lyrics which either have a meaning to us or are cheesy love ones perfect for a wedding!


I also made some signs to let our guests know of our sweet table later in the eve.


So in 3 1/2 weeks I will be Mrs Spencer.

It doesn't sound right to me, it's the aspect of getting married I am most feeling strange about, will I still feel like 'me' I used to hate my surname (mainly due to always being first in exams!) but it is 'me' it's weird cutting that tie from my family and joining James'.  But one thing I cannot wait for is having the same name as our son's on things like school forms, will be finally be a proper family unit together as one.

Bring on the next few (probable stressful) weeks!




2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)