I made him this train cake to celebrate
And here's how to make it:
1.Bake 2/3 loaf cakes (sadly my first two didn't rise-had I used my electric mixer they would have turned out like my 3rd in which case 2 would have been enough)!
2. Keep the largest loaf for the front of the train.
3. Cut the other loafs so that 2/3rds are for the carriage and the smaller pieces are for the driver's cab in the train, cut the ends off also so that they are straight-I used these pieces for the funnel afterwards
4. Place on cake board (or a clear glass chopping board like I have used here). Sandwich together with chocolate butter icing, and cover the cake all over too.
5. Decorate with biscuits and chocolate of your choice, I had smarties, chocolate raisins, chocolate digestives, party rings and jazzies.
6. Write either on the board or the cake if you want to with icing, I wrote 'Choo choo Sam is 1'.
7. Blow out the candles and enjoy!