Monday 5 August 2013

A week of firsts!

Well it's safe to say Sam is very much making the transition from baby to toddler much to my dismay and wonder.

We've had a few semi-sleepless hours in the nights recently and low and behold one tiny tooth popped out of his gums. So baby gummy smiles are soon to be a thing of the past which makes my heart pang just a little.

Sam is super speedy now, if he sees something he wants he crawls off and in a flash and he's there before you know it, like at my parent's house the other day, he made a b-line for the stairs and before I'd got there he was already climbing up onto the 3rd step!!

Now we live in a coach house so although we have stairs because we live on the second level of the house he doesn't get much opportunity to be around the stairs (much to my relief), but when we came back from the park Thursday afternoon I was intrigued as to how far he could go.

So I let him free with me nervously and excitedly behind him (camera phone in hand of course) and it took him 5 minutes to climb the stairs! He paused for a while about 1/2 way so I asked Alex to wait by the top of the stairs-instantly Sam climbed up at lightening speed then. This one really loves his older brother!

Now I just need eyes in the sides and back of my head-long gone are the days where I thought Sam was going to be chilled out, but at not even 8 months he is very much keeping me on my toes!







12 comments:

  1. Well done Sam!! That's amazing :) I hadn't even thought of trying Busby on the stairs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't- it will make every outing to anyone's house without stair gates an absolute nightmare ;) haha xx

      Delete
  2. Ah bless him, it's amazing how fast they can move isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nightmare when they are active so young isn't it! My little girl is not even 10 months yet and she's started to walk :( Feel like the baby stage has gone so quick this time around! Good luck keeping up with him, now he's started you will never sit down again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling Sam might be an early walker too-sounds like you have your hands full then! I am sure Sam just wants to be like Alex, going far too fast this time around! Sitting down a relaxing days have long gone ;) x

      Delete
  4. wow now you need the eyes in the back of your head!! what a lovely moment to remember though!

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I definitely need an extra pair of hands and eyes! Thanks for hosting x

      Delete
  5. Wow, time for stair gates then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we still have ours up as live all on the first floor as we are in a coach house! x

      Delete
  6. Ah they grow so fast! That's a wonderful photo of your boys. Oh yes, and well done Sam! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fast! Thanks, I love unprompted photos like this :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)