Thursday 22 December 2011

Quick and easy Marzipan Yule Logs

I am making edible gifts for our parents this Christmas, I am came across this recipe for Marzipan and Pistachio  Yule logs   which looked lovely and fairly easy and cheap to make.

I love marzipan so was nice to come across something a bit different to to just the usual marzipan covered in chocolate recipe. (although it isn't too dissimilar)!

Anyway they are really easy to make, roll the marzipan into a rectangle, cut into 4. Spread the chopped pistachio, chocolate and cranberries evenly over. I'd recommend leaving a slight gap at the end though otherwise it will all spill out! I also used a bit of water (literally barely anything) just to stick the ends once you have rolled it all together tightly.

Then spread the melted chocolate over it, cool, then drizzle melted white chocolate over and sprinkle with the chopped mix again.

They last up to two week in an airtight tin, so make great gifts that will last.

Image from Tesco Recipes-Pistachio and Marzipan Yule logs
I must admit I have had half a log tonight...opps! Good job I had already planned to make some more in the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)